Friday, July 07, 2006

 

Mario's witness

Usually there are two babyseats in my car for my two children under the age of 5. Yesterday morning as I was leaving, the Lord told me that I would need that space, to take them out. I did, and that afternoon I had planned to go to Guarambare and begin a new outreach group with Mario. The neighborhood is about an hour away from where he sells fruit. His family members and friends began to call him to come on and get on the bus with them. He responded telling them no. I asked how many there were, he said four more. I told them to come on and get in that there would be room. The five young men got into the car, and Mario told me that they wanted to get saved, and asked me to tell them how. I thought that I may not have another chance to share with them, so here goes:

I shared the gospel with them, using the Roman Road. Romans 1:16-28, 2:1-3,3:23, 5:12. At this point, I began to share with them how that after Adam and Eve had eaten the forbidden fruit, and received their concequences, God killed an animal, initiating the idea of sacrifice. Abel, Noe, Abraham and his descendents also gave sacrifices. Moises received the ten commandments from the top of Mt Sinai, and directions for regular sacrifices, and the temple and ark to house the stone tablets that he had been given.

I shared wit them that the blood of animals was a reminder that the price of sin was death. Because someone sinned, justice demanded that a death, and they had this constant reminder. I shared with these men that along with this bloody habbit, the Jews also had promises that a king would be born of a virgin and He would bless the whole world. God had told His spokesmen that this promised king would be born in Bethlehem of Judea; he would come out of Egypt, he would be called a Nazarine and his ministry would be in Galilee which is in the North. Both Bethlehem and Nazareth were in the South.
At the time of his birth, mothers would cry for their babies, and that there would be a prophet born to announce his arrival. I told them that the prophecies were very presice. If they were to look at a horoscope it would tell them something like, you will have a bad day. The horoscope would be very vague, but the prophesies of Jesus were specific and very detailed. Jesus completed these prophesies. When John the Baptist saw him, he said behold the lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world.

John knew what to do with a lamb. His father was a priest. John knew that Jesus would die as a sin sacrifice. The blood of bulls and goats cannot take away sin, but had made a way for us to return to God, and showed a picture of what would come. Jesus was the true sacrifice.

From there, I shared with them Romans 10:9,10&13 Which states that "if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses resulting in salvation." I asked them about the term Lord. The first step, I told them, was to confess that Jesus is Lord. -then I asked, what good is a dead Lord? We have to believe that Jesus rose from the dead. If we don't accept Him as the boss of our Life, we cannot be his disciple. Then I gave them the option to respond.

They were typical Paraguayans, they just sat there. We had arrived at their stop, they clymbed out of the car, and thanked me for the ride. They left with lots to think about.

Mario and I prayed for them, and for others that we hope will attend next week. We prayed for other contacts that we know as well.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?